Alrewas station was opened in 1849 by the South Staffordshire Railway Company which obsorbed into the London Midland & Scottish Railway as part of its grouping in 1923. The station was closed by British Rail in 1965.
Track layout courtesy of Network Rail
Alrewas's last Station Master and Goods Agent Mr C Simkins remembered; "Alrewas was a typical country station illuminated by oil lamps. Sacks were hired out to farmers for their wheat harvest at a farthing a day. Sugerbeet was also a busy time. The station looked after Brookhay, Fine Lane, Roddige and Ridgetts crossings". Each lady crossing keeper was allowed four hours off a week for shopping purposes
Little remains of the station area today, other than the level Crossing and signal box.
Click on the map to zoom in
1923 Ordnance Survey Map - Lichfield Library