The South Staffordshire Line

Past / Present / Future
southstaffsrail@hotmail.co.uk

 

Brownhills Central Railway Station opened its doors in 1849, it served the people of Brownhills for 115 years until its closer as part of the Beeching Axe in 1965. Brownhills Station was one of three moderate used statons closed on the route that reminmed open beyond the closer of the South Staffordshire route as part of the Burton - Wolverhampton line. Freight trains continued to pass the site until December 1983 when the line was completely closed.