Pelsall railway station was opened in 1849 and lasted in operation until the Beeching Axe in 1965. It was a very popular station on the South Staffordshire line as it was a short journery to Walsall where people went to work.
A Mr W Richards who used to be a porter and signalman at Pelsall managed to help with the best kept railway station competition. Pelsall finally won the award in 1906.
After the station was dissmantled the station footbridge remained in situ, as the line was still used for freight up to 1984.
Picture of Pelsall Station